May 02, 2012

Tamari Roasted Pumpkin and Tofu

 

Most of my meals, weekday or weekend, are usually on the table within 30 minutes. I've heard people saying that veggie dishes just take "ages" to cook - really? There is of course some chopping up to do beforehand, but that's about all the time it takes. The actual cooking of vegetables is usually very quick. Cooking beans is a bit more time-consuming, but pretty effortless. I usually soak the beans in the morning before work and then cook them at night for dinner.

This tamari roasted pumpkin and tofu dish is seriously easy to prepare. I love the ingredients and they all seem to go so well together. You could replace tofu with tempeh, but I prefer to use firm tofu. I've opted for rice syrup as a sweetener, but feel free to use maple syrup, if you like. 

Enjoy!

Tamari Roasted Pumpkin and Tofu
(Recipe inspired by Marie Claire)

500g pumpkin (any variety)
350g firm tofu (organic, non-GMO)
1 tablespoon tamari
1 tablespoon rice syrup
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
baby spinach, for serving
spring onion, for serving
toasted sesame seeds, for serving

1. Preheat oven to 180C.

2. Peel and chop the pumpkin into cubes. Cut the tofu into similar size cubes. Set aside.

3. Whisk together tamari, rice syrup and oil. Place the dressing into a bowl with pumpkin and tofu and toss well to coat. 

4. Spread the ingredients on a baking tray and roast in the preheated oven for about 25-20 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Turn the pieces around half way through cooking.

5. Serve with fresh baby spinach, finely chopped spring onion and toasted sesame seeds.

9 comments:

  1. Can you still find pumpkins this season?
    I miss them... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tine, I'm in Sydney Australia so we are just embracing the autumn produce!

      Enjoy spring in Scandinavia!

      Maria
      x

      Delete
    2. I am eating this right now! THANKYOU. It's always great to find a tasty low-carb vego meal and fructose-free as well. =)

      Delete
    3. Oh god, I'm so jealous. I can't wait for pumpkin season over here! I'm from Belgium!

      Delete
  2. Tomorrow's lunch - even have the spinach ready :) ! And, to compare notes: bought my first pumpkin but yesterday!! Just south of Sydney . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make lots of dishes with roasted pumpkin and I'm really getting into new ways with tofu at the moment. This looks beautiful and simple and I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An attractive recipe(takings) which I put aside for autumn because here in France there is not a fresh(cool) pumpkin anymore

    ReplyDelete